I finally have a few photos of the costumes I did for The Mikado. Here's Amy in one of her showcase outfits.
The beautiful Shelley when she had curly hair.
The Mikado which the director interpreted as an Elvis type.
Gotta love the blue suede shoes that he spray painted himself.
Pooh-Ba was so funny. His character is the Lord High everything.
Ko-Ko was our main lead. He was dressed like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. I'll show a better pic later so you can see the costume in full. Loyd wore it for Halloween as well.
The Taiko Dancers loved their outfit because the gold stretch lame pants were so awesome!
The pants were a bit like the 80's parachute pants. They took on a life of their own. So funny, but a bit warm. Lame doesn't breathe.
Nanki-Poo, the wandering minstrel was great. I thought his outfit looked a bit Mexican restaurant worker though.
The evil Katisha stole the show. Her outfit was a bit in progress when the pics were taken.
Her collar was like Malificent in Sleeping Beauty. Very difficult for it to stay up when attached to a Kimono.
Here's our lead Yum-Yum who we let go as the only blonde asian. Here's a better look at the evil head-dress for Katisha.
More Mikado pics later. It was a big show. No wonder it's taken me this long to post pictures.




1 comment:
Wow! The evil dress at the end is my favorite! But they are all wonderful! I am dying for a "Narissa" costume from Enchanted...maybe someday I could commission one from you ? Amazing!
Post a Comment